Jeanette Hyde is a nutritional therapist specializing in gut health and author of books that help you eat and behave in ways to make you both healthy and happy – including her latest book: The 10 Hour Diet. She bases her method on the latest scientific research in the space – she has a wealth of knowledge on what we’ve learned from the studies and findings in the space – and specializes in converting that research into easy-to-implement and effective actions.
Her approach is rooted in two things:
- Eating at the times of day we were designed to, for optimal health
- Feeding the microbiome (the bacteria in your gut) the right food to support gut, weight, immune system, skin, and brain health
In this conversation, we discuss:
- How a personal health crisis brought her into her work of being a leading UK nutritionist and author
- How to do intermittent fasting the right way – where it still feels easy, enjoyable, and you can get results – plus things like how to choose the right time frame for a fast and more.
- Jeannette’s take on coffee and alcohol during intermittent fasting
- The easiest, most effective ways to start having a more nourishing nutritionally-focused relationship with food
- The latest on how your gut health impacts your mood – plus tips and recommendations for what to eat to improve your gut health, digestion, and the way you feel overall.
Want more life-changing perspective? Check out more of our favorite episodes of This Life Explains It All.