This conversation covers two very important topics: How to set boundaries (even if you haven’t always been great at it) + reshaping your relationship with food. Maria Sosa is a licensed therapist and health coach. In her work, she connects mental health therapy with nutrition and eating behavior for fully mind-and-body connected treatment.
She specializes in Marriage and Family therapy – and on the health and nutrition side in Intuitive Eating – which we talk about a lot. You may have seen Maria’s work on Instagram at @holisticallygrace where she shares tips and tools on navigating relationships, mental health, and healthy eating behaviors.
We talk everything from boundary setting with the family to navigating how to intuitively eat.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- How to set healthy boundaries with anyone
- How to spot unhealthy boundaries or areas where you might not be setting them
- Resentment: how to heal and prevent it
- Health, diet culture, and intuitive eating
- How food restrictions can make you crave certain foods more and Maria’s perspective on how we can eat more intuitively
Want more life-changing perspective? Check out more of our favorite episodes of This Life Explains It All.