We’re talking to the team behind ORA space – a next level acupuncture experience that brings the healing benefits of the ancient modality together with a modern, luxe, and holistic approach to wellness. The Founder Kim Ross shares her touching personal story of how acupuncture provided great relief to her as she struggled with the symptoms of the type 1 diabetes she has since age 11 and other health issues throughout the years.
When Kim went on to study at Harvard Business School, her busy schedule prevented her from regularly working with her acupuncturist, Gabriel Sher. She really felt the impact of its absence as issues began to return, and recognized again how powerful acupuncture was for her health. This was the catalyst for Kim founding ORA space where Gabriel Sher is now the Head of Acupuncture. We talk to both of them today on everything you ever wanted to know about acupuncture, eastern medicine, and this unique experience ORA has created.
- The whole-body Eastern Medicine philosophy and how it’s all about balance and movement
- What acupuncture is and the benefits it can have on the mind and body
- How what is showing up in the mental (anxiety and stress) is connected to the physical (weak organs in the body)
- The fascinating things your tongue and pulse can tell you about your health – for example, it can tell you that your liver is inflamed, which is related to stress
- The biggest transformations Gabriele has seen in his acupuncture practice
- How ORA created their unique experience
How To Get In Touch With ORA Space:
ORA space are currently offering virtual sessions to support the community during COVID19
Virtually: They offer a live chat with acupuncturists on the ORA Space website along with video and phone sessions
In Person: Online booking can be done via the ORA Space website
Want more life-changing perspective? Check out more of our favorite episodes of This Life Explains It All.