We’re talking to Erin Lovell Verinder, herbalist, nutritionist and author. She’s sharing how to heal and rebalance the mind and body – using plants as medicine in the modern world. Erin has a wealth of knowledge in this field and has been doing this work for over 20 years. Her book coming out in March 2020, Plants for the People serves as a modern guide to plants as medicine.
In this episode, we’re talking about the real mind/body connection, the effects of stress & anxiety and how it manifests in the body, and Erin is giving the run-down on what specific herbs to incorporate into your life.
In this episode we talk to Erin about:
- Gut health – what it is and how you know if your gut is out of whack
- How stress and anxiety can manifest into physical ailments
- What stomach issues like IBS really is and what can be behind it
- PCOS and how it’s often misdiagnosed
- And Erin gives us her recommendations on which specific herbs and adaptogens can help with issues like stress, physical imbalances, digestive health, fertility and more.
Want more life-changing perspective? Check out more of our favorite episodes of This Life Explains It All.