Ally Hensley has a unique life journey filled with lessons in self worth and coming to terms with what it means to be different. She turned a difficult experience into a major opportunity to help others and is here to share her story.
Ally is co-founder of The Happy V, an online sexual wellbeing resource for women and co-founder of the Sister for Love MRKH Foundation, an organization supporting and advocating for women with MRKH – a condition where women are born without a uterus or vagina. It affects 1 in 5000. Ally is one of those women.
In this episode, Ally shares her inspirational story and musings on identity and how we learn who we are. This is an uplifting conversation on creating the life you want and finding purpose in your life and work – despite challenges. This conversation is for everyone who wants a little inspiration.
In this episode we talk to Ally about:
- Shifting from victim mentality to empowerment, using the thing that challenges you to become more aligned with your true self
- How to overcome low self worth and where it really comes from
- Fertility treatment and the many decisions around it
- Dating and relationships where you feel like you can’t share all of yourself
- What exactly MRKH is and what it is like to experience life with the condition
Want more life-changing perspective? Check out more of our favorite episodes of This Life Explains It All.